Question: Do you offer scholarships?
Answer: We will offer scholarships to eligible families that reduce registration fees by 50%. Scholarships will be awarded based on providing proof of participation in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. Eligible families will be provided a scholarship code to be applied during the online registration process. All scholarship requests need to be made in advance of registering online by contacting the Registration Coordinator (listed on the Board of Directors page). All registrations need to be done prior to the first day of try-outs. Players not registered will not be placed on a team.
Question: How will you handle refunds due to COVID-19 related cancellations?
Answer: We understand you have concerns related to your financial investment this season. Please know that we are doing whatever we can to ensure that our traveling basketball program remains a program that will be around for years to come. We ask for your patience, support, and understanding as the requirements and guidelines shift throughout the year.
- If a hosting association cancels a tournament or we remove ourselves from a tournament with a full refund to our association, you will be refunded $30 per tournament. We will accumulate the amounts over the season, which will be paid back to parents by check at the end of the season.
- If an individual or entire team needs to withdraw from a tournament where the association was not refunded (i.e. the tournament was not cancelled but an individual or team needed to withdraw due to illness), no refund will be provided.
- In the event of a major disruption or cancellation of the season due to COVID-19, the SLPBTBA Board of Directors will evaluate expanding its refund policy in a manner that is fair to families but also takes into consideration the various expenses incurred to that point in the season.
Question: How do you handle refunds if my son does not make a team?
- Players not assigned to a team will receive a 100% refund for registration.
- Requests received up to 5 days after team announcements will receive a 100% refund minus a $40 administrative fee.
- More than 5 days after team announcements, the only refund requests processed will be because of medical reason or because the family moved from St Louis Park. These requests will receive a prorated amount based on tournaments played minus a $40 administrative fee.
Question: do you offer payment options to spread out the payment vs. pay in full now?
Answer: On the final checkout/payment page you will have an option to pay in full or pay with a payment plan as follows:
- PAY IN FULL: Submit total player fees online today upon conclusion of this online registration session via Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- PAYMENT PLAN: Registration fees are divided into 3 installments with the first installment being collected online as part of the online registration process via Visa, MasterCard or Discover. The remaining balance will be automatically debited from the SAME ACCOUNT each of the two months following the month of registration
- If you wish to use a different account to pay the balance, please log in to your SportsEngine account BEFORE the first day of payment to update your account information